What do I need to do to comply with EELQMS?
- Incorporate the EELQMS in a quality management system.
- Ensure an independent assessment of the marketing, development, and manufacturing processes by internal and/or external auditors, who should report their findings to the relevant company management.
- Conduct all engine tests at accredited laboratories in line with the requirements defined in the ATC or ACC Codes of Practice, as applicable.
- Carry out all development in accordance with relevant Codes of Practice, in particular:
- VGRA (Viscosity Grade Read-Across) in accordance with the ATIEL Code of Practice;
- BOI (Base Oil Interchange) in accordance with the ATIEL Code of Practice;
- VMI (Viscosity Modifier Interchange) in accordance with the ATC Code of Practice;
- performance additive package modifications in accordance with the guidelines included in the ATC or ACC Codes of Practice.
- Manufacture the product in plants conforming to the requirements described in the ATIEL Code of Practice, including accreditation to auditable quality management systems.
- Sign the Lubricant Marketers’ Letter of Conformance (see Section 6 of the EELQMS document) and submit it to ATIEL, the administrators of the System.
Guide to EELQMS
- Lubricant marketers’ responsibilities
- Description of the European Engine Lubricant Quality Management System (EELQMS)
- ACEA Oil Sequences performance claims
- EELQMS Guidelines
- Letters of Conformance
- About the EELQMS stakeholders
- Reference publications
The EELQMS is administered by ATIEL on behalf of all stakeholders. Any questions relating to the EELQMS should be communicated to: email@example.com.